Joint meeting together with the ESOI. For more information click here.
New webinars added!
Check out our webinars page frequently. New webinars are added on a regular basis.
First EuSoMII Webinar
For the first time in 2016, EuSoMII will start with online webinars (courses, meetings and lectures). Some will be open to the general public, and some will be limited access for members only.
The first meeting planned will be entitled "Overview of EuSoMII activities 2016". Presenter of this webinar will be our current president, prof. Emanuele Neri. This webinar will be on Monday, January 11, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Amsterdam)
Registration is free, but on a first come, first serve basis. So please register as soon as possible using this link
For upcoming webmeetings please check here.
EuSoMII Active on Social Media
International Day of Radiology 2015
Children will take centre stage on November 8 as celebrations for the International Day of Radiology (IDoR) will unfold all around the world to highlight the role of radiologists in the detection and treatment of paediatric diseases.
For the fourth year in a row, more than 120 radiological and medical societies have joined the initiative, including more than 40 European, 20 North American, 13 Latin American, and 11 Asian national radiology societies, as well as five African societies representing 26 countries.
IDoR is organised each year by the European Society of Radiology, the American College of Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America. This year, the initiative is also supported by the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR), the Society for Pediatric Radiology (SPR) and the World Federation of Pediatric Imaging (WFPI). All three of these organisations have organised or actively participated in various IDoR activities to help stress the importance of radiology in the management of paediatric diseases.
Visit the website of the International Day of Radiology for more information on this important event.
As in previous years we have again produced a publication to celebrate the IDoR: a book on paediatric imaging in collaboration with the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR), the Society for Pediatric Radiology (SPR) and the World Federation of Pediatric Imaging (WFPI), with one chapter written by experts from the European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO). This book is available to download at www.idor2015.com/publications.
EuSoMII at CARS 2015
In 2015 the EuSoMII will organize the 33rd International EuSoMII Meeting in conjunction with the CARS in Barcelona, Spain at June 24-27, 2015.
EuSoMII will be involved with two of the tracks at the CARS meeting. The own EuSoMII track and the 16th IFCARS / SPIE / EuSoMII / ISCAS Joint Workshop on Surgical PACS and the Digital Operating Room. Details on the topics can be found below together with a download of the CARS announcement.
Visit the CARS website for more information and abstract submission.
President: Emanuele Neri, MD (I)
· HORIZON 2020: research projects in imaging informatics/ICT
· Solutions for big data management/mining
· Personalized imaging protocols and impact on guidance to therapy
· Personalized interventional radiology
· Quantitative imaging biomarkers (development and clinical application)
· Imaging biobanks (development, sustainability, clinical focus and impact)
· Imaging databases (screening, oncology, cardiovascular, neuro, rare diseseas, etc)
· Imaging informatics solutions to improve learning in radiology and beyond
· Structured reporting (from basic research to clinical application)
· Systems for radiation dose and contrast media dose monitoring
· Teleradiology/Telemedicine (beyond radiology)
· Clinical decision support systems (CDSS)
· 3D image processing to improve image interpretation and diagnosis
· PACS-CAD integration
· Electronic Patient Record
· Imaging informatics tools for clinical trials
· Economics, Ethical and legal issues in imaging informatics
· Clinical applications
· Imaging informatics in oncology
· Imaging informatics in cardiology
· Imaging informatics in orthopeadics
· Imaging informatics in abdominal and gastrointestinal diseases
· Imaging informatics in neurology
16th IFCARS / SPIE / EuSoMII / ISCAS Joint Workshop on Surgical PACS and the Digital OR
Chairmen: Osman M. Ratib, MD, PhD (CH), Heinz U. Lemke, PhD (D)
· Surgical Workflow
· Intelligent Operating Room
· Therapy Imaging and Model Management Systems
· Surgical PACS
· DICOM and IHE in Surgery
· Management and Assessment of OR Systems Integration
· Architectures of ORs and Imaging Suites
EuSoMII is Shareholder of the European Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Research (EIBIR)
and is Affiliated Society of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS) annual conference
By Peter van Ooijen, PhD (EuSoMII member)